Alison's Window

Monday, January 15, 2007

Are you allowed to dislike some classical music?

The other day I read someone quoting his offspring as saying he "hated classical music," and the parent being absolutely in disbelief that anyone could say that. I guess we are free to have opinions and personal preferences as long as they agree with the tastes of our solons. I happen to tire of the classical music offered on the typical radio station program. No offence to Beethoven, but not 24-7. I was so pleased to discover a Sunday hour of Baroque music, an era that preceded Beethoven, includes such luminaries as Bach and Handel and often features trumpets and complex interwoven strings of music. It is not all violins all the time. So when someone says he "hates classical music," maybe what he is really saying is they need to expand the universe a little, get daring and maybe even play a little Purcell. But what do I know about programming?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home